The title is one of the most integral
- Leaving the title bar blank.
- Page title removal plugins
- Deletion of page title using CSS
1.Leaving the title bar blank
This is the best and the easiest solution out of all. Why give a title when you don’t need one? Leave it empty.
Even though this solution seems to be much simpler and efficient. The hard truth is it isn’t. When this solution is applied to large number of posts the problem arises. It becomes impossible to find out the desired page at once as all pages have no titles(as shown below). So we proceed on to the next solution.
2.Title removal plugins
By using WordPress plugins you could remove page titles easily. In this case I am using the Title remover plugin.
- Under Plugins, click on ‘Add New’. In the search box type in title remover. A plugin named title remover will show up. Click the Install Now button.
2. Now click on the activate button.
3. The plugin is currently active. Now navigate to pages and select the page you wish to remove the title. It could either be new or existing one. In this case, I am using an existing page named ‘Title’.
4. Choose Document. Scroll down and you can see a section which reads ‘Hide Title?’ click on it and make sure the box which reads ‘Hide the title for this item stays checked’. You have successfully hidden the title of the page.
Some users may find it annoying to install plugins for every simple task. Moreover, the installation of a large number of plugins may slow down your site. Thus we head on to the final solution.
3. Deletion of page title in WordPress using CSS.
Adding a small piece of code to the theme files can do miracles for us. This is what we are going to do.
- Choose a page
Select a page you wish to hide the title for.
- Preview the page
Click on the preview button.
- View the source code
Now click F12 to view the source code of that page.
- Look for h1
Hit Ctrl+F. A search box would appear. Type in ‘h1’ and hit enter.
- Note the class name of the title
Note down the class name of the title. In this case, it is ‘entry-title’. Click on F12 once again to close the source code window.
- Note the post ID
In the address bar of the edit window page, you can find the site’s URL. Make a note of the ID of the page which resides after ‘post=’.
- File style.css
Navigate to the theme editor by selecting Editor option under Appearance. The theme editor opens up. Select the file named ‘style.css’. The file would open up in the editor.
- Editing the theme
Scroll down to the bottom of the file and enter the following piece of code in it. Note that number ‘2503’ is the post ID and the ‘entry-title’ is the class name. You have to change the post ID and class name according to the page. Finally, click on ‘Update File’.
Preview the page once again and you can find that the title of the page is gone.
Congratulations you have successfully learnt to remove page title in WordPress.
I strongly believe that this post has helped you to remove page titles in WordPress. If you had found the article to be useful consider giving it a share. Happy Blogging!!!
You may also like