Comments play an integral role in developing your posts content, developing friendships with fellow bloggers, increase traffic etc…However, comments at times tend to do nothing useful. Therefore this blog post will guide to disable comments on WordPress. They can be done in three types.
Note: This post guides you to disable comments on WordPress posts. The same is applicable for WordPress pages too.
- Future posts
- Published posts
- Multiple posts at the same time
1. Disabling comments on Future posts
Time needed: 5 minutes.
Follow these steps to disable comments in the new posts.
- Log on to your WordPress account.
When you are logged in, you will be in your dashboard.
- Click on Settings.
left handside, you will see a menu. In that, click settings.
- Navigate to the discussion tab.
- Turn off the toggle option ‘Allow people to post comments on new articles’.
This option is present under the default article settings.
- To turn off comments after ‘X’ number of days, select the option Automatically close comments on articles older than ‘X’
daysoption and specify the number of days.
This will be applied to all of your future posts.
- Finally, click on Save Settings
This will save the settings you have done for comments.
Comments section will remain hidden for the future posts.
2. Disabling comments on previously published posts
- Under dashboard select “Blog posts”.
2.Select a post for which you wish to disable comments.
3.Under document tab click on “Discussion”.
4. Uncheck the box which reads “Allow comments”.
Comments have been disabled successfully.
3. Disabling comments on multiple posts at the same time
- Under the Dashboard go to the Posts tab and select All Posts.
2. Above all your Posts you can find a dropdown box which reads “Bulk Actions”. Select the drop down menu and select Edit.
3. Select the posts for which you wish to disable the comments section. Click Apply. A window will be displayed above the list of posts.
4. You can find a dropdown box near Comments option. Click on it.
5. Choose “Do not allow” and click Update.
Congratulations!! You have successfully disabled comments on WordPress.
I believe that this guide would have taught you to disable comments on WordPress. You are free to share this post. Good luck. Happy Blogging 🙂
You may also like